Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease

June 1, 2009

The whole time my parents were here Liam was not feeling well.  He was running a fever, not sleeping well, and was irritable at times.  I thought he was maybe teething, I even had Mike check his ears but they looked ok.  Then tonight at dinner he was not eating so I had a great idea that maybe applesauce would do the trick because if he was teething he would not have to chew it.  I was SO wrong, the applesauce led to a 20 minute crying spell.  Mike then checked his throat and found the culprit.  Liam had nasty sores all over his tonsils!  We called the pediatrician and she said HFM was going around and that it needed to run its course.  

We felt so bad, he was suffering something awful.  I gave him one of these frozen fruits to help his throat...he liked that quite a bit.

The next week was horrible, little sleep, lots of crying, and a very unhappy baby.  I just hate when the little ones get sick it is such a helpless feeling.

No comments: