Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Grandmas Galore

August 2009

We headed to Chicago for a weekend of family. Liam and I planned on staying for a little longer to have some fun with my niece while Mike had to get back to work to "make the bacon". We visited with his family while he was in town.
First we stopped by Great Grandma Bunny's house, Liam had a blast running around being a holy terror! Bunny house is my worst nightmare, everywhere I looked there were trinkets and breakables. I was exhausted by the time we left! When we got in the car to go home, I looked a little frazzled and Mike just laughed at me. It must be nice to just sit and visit and watch your wife loose 5 lbs chasing your child around!

Next we went to see Mike's mom which is always a mixed bag. I truly thought about sending Liam and his daddy to do this visit by themselves but then I thought better of it and went along. You just never know what kind of "mood" she will be in and for safety matters I thought I better go with. We went to the park for a bit and Liam had fun being a big boy on the slides and swings and then we grabbed a quick lunch. These visits are always hard on everyone but we made it through and I am glad that it will be a while before our next visit.

No comments: