Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Finally caught up!

August 5, 2008

It is a miracle! I am finally caught up on my blogging. As you have probably noticed I am sometime up to a month behind so today is a big day. The last month has been a whirlwind with moving, Mike starting his new job, and getting Liam settled. But things are finally settling down.

As most of you already know my dad had a heart attack last week, he was at work and started experiencing some really bad chest pain and called his own ambulance. He went to University of Chicago Hospital which is rated 4th in the nation for cardiac care. While there his 2nd set of cardiac enzymes came back positive and he went for a cardiac cath the next day. He had a 90% blockage in the artery in back of his heart and they placed a stent. He is currently home and recovering well and states that he feels like a new man!

Liam and I were able to drive down to see him the day of his cath. It was great to see Liam brighten up my dad's face and lighten his worries even if just for a moment. This reaffirms that we needed to be closer to home and I am forever grateful that Mike found a great job in Michigan.

We are praying that my dad's health continues to improve and that this serves as a wake up call for him to change his lifestyle so that he will be around to watch Liam grow up. My dad turned 65 years old yesterday and he better be around for at least the next 20 years!

No comments: