Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

The Happy Hounds

April 15, 2009

The poor hound dogs have not had much of a back yard now for a couple of years.  In Alabama we had a very big yard but it was loaded with gumballs which are spiky little balls that would get stuck in their feet.  In Michigan at our rental house the backyard was hardly big enough to poop in!  BUT now they have a beautiful yard that is fenced in with tons of space to run.  I have not seen them this happy or tired out in a long time.  
This yard also comes loaded with squirrels!  At first I thought it was great I would let them out the back door and they would peel out and chase the squirrels...all it takes is one dumb squirrel for the fun to end.  Today I let them out and a squirrel did not quite make it to safety and Fletcher got a hold of it.  I started screaming right along with the squirrel when he dropped it he was dripping blood.  I thought for sure he got cut up by the squirrel but it turned out to be squirrel blood all over. YUCK!  That poor guy probably did not last very long, maybe next time they could flat out kill it rather than letting it suffer a long death. 

No comments: