Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Day 4: Biking to Hell and Back!

October 20, 2009

Today we went on our rescheduled bike tour of the vineyards. This was something that I truly did for Mike and had many doubts in my head whether I was fit enough to do it. It was a planned 25 mile trip, yes 25 miles!
There was another couple on the trip that we did not know, she was a serious triathlon girl and he turned out to be a real wuss. This worked to my advantage because I was definitely not the weakest link.
The day actually turned out to be fabulous! It was a great way to see the vineyards and enjoy the great weather we had. We stopped at 5 different wineries throughout the day, had a great picnic lunch and just had a great time.
Don't get me wrong by about mile 20 my ass had had it! I broke my tail bone last winter and it can still be a little sensitive and it definitely did not appreciate 25 miles on a skinny bike seat but I made it. I also would like to add without a lot of whining either! I was really proud of myself and I think Mike was too.

No comments: