Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Mother's Day Reflection

May 10, 2009

I wanted to follow up my Mother's Day post with just a few thoughts.  What a difference a year makes! Last year I was still in the fog of survival with a newborn, this year I am able to sit back and enjoy being a mom.  

I always knew that I wanted to be a mother from the time I was a little girl, I have always loved children and could not wait to have one of my own.  Mike and I waited a long time to take the big step and it was definitely worth it.  It is impossible to have any idea what this journey is about until you are living it.  The love I have for Liam is indescribable. It amazes me daily that such a little guy could make such a huge imprint in our lives.  

I realize that I am incredibly lucky to have a healthy child, a loving husband, 2 faithful dogs, and the ability to stay home with Liam.  In today's economy we are blessed to be able to do this.  I really appreciate how hard Mike has worked to get us to the point where we are today.  After 15 hard years of studying, moving across country times three times, we are finally settling into what will be our forever home and life.  I am so grateful to be at this place and can't wait to see what is still to come (hopefully a bunch more kids!).

So anyway Happy Mother's Day to every mom out there.   I am only to beginning to understand the depth of what it is to be a mom....

No comments: