Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sad News at the Zoo!

June 18, 2009

We have a zoo membership so we visit almost every week!  Liam is very fond of the petting zoo and loves to play with all the animals.  I have grown fond of specific animals too.  The cow is always a favorite because she is so sweet.  She is so big and soft and Liam loves to pet her.

My all time favorite is Joe, a funny looking goat.  He towers over Liam and has no ears (normal for his breed of goat).  The real reason that I love him so much is not only for his crazy looks but for his quirky personality.  He is always stealing maps and eating them and even will chew on people's clothes!  He is such a great guy!

I am sad to report that both of our favorite animals are "retired".  Joe now spends his time up in a pen where the kids can't get him.  Although I miss him something terrible I can still see him and know that he is happy.  The cow has retired at an employee's farm, or so I am told.  I have a sneaky suspicion that she died but the keeper will not confirm this for me.   Anyhow I know that they will both be happy but we will miss them so.

No comments: