Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Happy Birthday Liam!!!

February 28, 2009

Today Liam turned one!  Can you believe it?  This year has flown by...Liam's birth, the big move to Michigan, Mike's new job....but we made it and it was time for a celebration.  I really had a hard time deciding exactly what to do for his birthday party.  All of our family is in Chicago so originally I thought of having a big bash there but after some research I decided (with some help from Mary Rahman) that something more intimate here in Michigan would be best. Afterwards I am glad that was what I decided, it was perfect.

I started off by decorating the house the night before after Liam went to bed.  This will be a yearly tradition, a friend of mine said that is what they do and I thought it sounded like fun.  So when Liam woke up on his birthday I took him out to show him all the decorations.  He LOVED everything especially the balloons.  He was in paradise.
I made a cake for his party, it was my first try so I had some backups just in case.  The Elmo head turned out great...cakes galore.  Can you ever have too many birthday cakes?

My parents came from Chicago and Mike's dad came from Arizona for the party.  We also had 2 of Liam's little friends from play group along with their families.  It was a great group.  Here is Charlie with his party hat on....oh and the dogs too!
We had a great meal of Chicago style beef sandwiches, corn casserole, homemade potato salad and more.  Hmmm, it was so good.

We opened gifts which was pure chaos.  A lot of family and friends sent gifts from Chicago and beyond so we had quite the chore ahead of us or should I say me because Liam was not really into opening the gifts.  

Then it was off to the best part, of course, the cake!!!  Liam had his own little smash cake.  At first he was not into it and just picked at the frosting. 
 I almost took it away but left it on his tray while I cut cake for everyone else and that was when the party started!  That boy definitely has my sweet tooth!  He had cake everywhere!

Happy Birthday sweet boy!

2 comments:

The Slagleys said...

I wish I could have been there! It looks like it was a great party... love the multiple cakes! I can't believe how big he is getting, he looks like such a handsome little man. Hugs and kisses to all.

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Liam! I can't believe how the year has flown by. I really enjoy reading the Boyle family updates and watching Liam grow!
Best to you all.