Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sleepless in Chicago!

September 4-7, 2008


Liam and I went to Chicago on Thursday to do some shopping with Grandma Jean for my birthday and then stayed the weekend for his baptism on Sunday. Mike took the train down on Saturday and met us in Chicago. We had a great time in Chicago and Liam was spoiled rotten!
My mom and dad gave him an early baptism present and he actually tried to open it...he tore at the paper and ate the ribbon. My mom and him had a grand time trying to open it.
Liam was really good during the day being very social and happy but bedtime was a whole different story. We have been having trouble the last 2 weeks with sleeping through the night (no more 13 hour sleeping marathons). The pediatrician thought that it was probably separation anxiety or teething...whatever it is we are miserable. Apparently the traveling and disruption in his schedule made it much worse. Liam hardly slept at my parents and spent a lot of time crying or being rocked during the night. It made for long days for me but we still had a blast.

While there we had a chance to visit with family and friends. My Uncle Bern and Aunt Jane came in from Wisconsin and met Liam for the first time. My Uncle Bern really had a great time with Liam. I was so grateful that they came to meet Liam.
My childhood friend, Annie, also came in with her family. Caleb is a little bit younger than Liam and they spent some time on the floor together. I don't think Caleb knew what to think of Liam.
My mom and dad also got in on the fun with Liam. They both tried to give me much needed breaks to rest. I don't do well with sleep deprivation...if anyone should know it would be my parents that I require a lot of sleep.


I was really glad that I went up to Chicago early. It gave me some time to spend with my family and friends and not feel so rushed.

No comments: